Friday, November 11, 2011

Ta Da!

Yesterday was the big day!  We passed the final inspection. We got our CO, the much prized Certificate of Occupancy.

Whew!

I was expecting champagne, but I was just as happy to see top soil and crape myrtles when I drove up.

P1180354

That wasn’t too shabby, but having ferns amongst the boxwoods was a welcome bonus.

P1180355

I missed catching Brooks Garcia positioning them all.

P1180356

He had beat me to the house, and had even placed all of the hollies and hydrangeas in the back.

P1180358

There was nothing left to do, but dig, and I thought I’d let the guys from Habersham Gardens do that.

P1180359

And see what a fine job they did?

P1180374

Brooks took the expanse of grass and the suggestion of a curve at the back of the lawn and added a pair of snowball viburnum:

P1180203

Then he lined it with a needlepoint holly hedge arching around to an opening created by junipers.

P1180381

Behind the hollies are limelight hydrangeas with just enough room between them to be able to walk through to the stone steps.

P1180383

So, ta da! and double ta da!  What a way to celebrate a milestone!

Now we just have a few little things to finish up…

1 comment: