Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We're In Deep Doo Doo Now









I find it ironic that my screen name on some forums is "Buckhead Hillbilly," because today when we broke ground, well, up through the ground came a bubblin' crude.





Only it wasn't oil that was bubbling up.






And we weren't in Beverly Hills, there weren't any movie stars, and





this ain't no swimmin' pool.














Apparently, our soon to be next door neighbors' septic tank was overburdened and very close to the area for the new driveway. When we started clearing old leaves and dirt from the roadside, things began to get stinky. When the trac hoe pulled up the pine tree stump, it was wet and subsequent excavation filled up with yucky water. That was a nasty surprise.







What we needed then was a miracle. We couldn't quite fit the pine stump cork back in the bottle, so we needed to go to plan B. Luckily, I had an ace up my sleeve. I knew that the Seagraves had been doing septic tanks for this family since before indoor plumbing, so I called Chuck Seagraves (my new best friend). In a few hours, Chuck came out located the tank and the drain line and had a crew out pumping out the septic tank.





It was almost perfect. We had a solution to a bad problem. The problem was being fixed, but still I wasn't satified. You see, we had tractors; we had poop; what we really needed here was boys. So, I called a modeling agency and told them that I needed two 4 year old boys as quickly as possible.



See? Now isn't that bettter? Boys just complete the scene. And look at this pair! How long have they been modeling? Look at those angelic looks of intense interest.

Kinda give you hope that tomorrow will be a better day, doesn't it?

1 comment: