Did you know they came labeled? I certainly did not!
But maybe that was something special just for Jason and his crew.
Here you can see the pipe coming out of the base of the retaining wall to connect into the “in” hole of the tank.
When the concrete product company brought the tank and set it in, it took me a minute to figure out why they were all standing on it. Then I realized that they had a level on the top and were trying to make sure that the tank was sitting square and plumb.
The lines had already been dug and had the pipes put in them, so once they set the tank and hooked it up, all they needed was an inspection and it was time to cover it all up.
We are taking a bit of a gamble with this hickory at the end of the drain field. The City made us pay for destroying it, but Jason insisted that his septic drain field was not going to hurt that tree. It’s such a big, beautiful tree, that we decided to risk it. Hopefully it will enjoy its new irrigation system and thrive.
And as soon as the inspector came and blessed everything, the tank and the field were covered up, smoothed over, mulched and another batch of silt fencing was added with a little hay on top for good measure.
The dirt piles are gone and the back yard is done – until we can landscape it.