Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hey, Baby, I'm the Telephone Man

Just tell me where you want it, and I'll put it where I can...



The telephone man put it right on the pole.
He had these little boxes that were nifty and made it look so easy.
Haven't I seen them at Radio Shack?

AT&T won the contest with Comcast to see who could be off the pole first,
but I did question their method of cutting the wires off the pole first and then leaving everyone without phone until they got things hooked back up.

At any rate, they got Comcast's competitive juices flowing, so Comcast sent out a crew to move the meandering lines on the back of the lot.  The steep sides of the drive made trenching too difficult, so they had a "chain gang" of diggers.
Doesn't the soundtrack for "O, Brother, Where Art Thou" just start playing in your head?

They looked very effecient, but I felt sorry for them when I saw how far they had to go with their trench:

At the end of the day, I think Comcast was still on the pole, and AT&T had everyone hooked up but left their lines laying on the ground.  Two households had their wires crossed, but that was corrected before anyone had the idea to make prank phone calls while the Caller ID's were switched. 

All's well that ends well!

No comments:

Post a Comment